Activities to do in Brisbane on a Budget
With a reputation as Queensland’s entertainment hotspot, Brisbane is living proof that having fun while exploring the city doesn’t have to break the bank.
The capital prides itself on being accessible to everyone who visits. Whether you’re a student, a backpacker, a family or just looking to save on spending, here are ten of the best things to do in Brisbane on a Budget.
1. Put on your swimmers and head to South Bank’s Streets Beach for some sun, sand and a swim at the beach in the heart of the city.
2. Have a stroll or pick up a bargain at The Collective Markets, held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Stanley Street Plaza.
3. Explore Brisbane on two wheels and hire a bike for $2 a day at one of the 150 bike stations scattered around the city.
4. Get up close and personal with the iconic Brisbane River by jumping aboard a CityCat ferry, where a trip will only cost you around $5.
5. Visit the Brisbane Powerhouse, an eclectic art space that regularly hosts free music and comedy gigs.
6. With free entry, step back into the history books at the Queensland Museum and explore everything from cultural heritage to science, natural history and human achievement.
7. Catch a free exhibition at GOMA, one of Australia’s most innovative artistic spaces, set on the banks of the Brisbane River.
8. Pack a picnic and immerse yourself in the beauty and fresh air of the Mt Coot-Tha Botanic Gardens.
9. Enjoy free live toe-tapping tunes every Friday night from 5:30pm at QPAC’s Green Jam on the Melbourne Street Green.
10. Climb Brisbane’s highest peak and reach the Mt Coot-tha Lookout for panoramic views of the city and beyond.
Want to stay and play in Brisbane without breaking the budget? Book at The Miro Apartments and be close to all the action, staying right in the heart of Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.